Overweight, obesity, hypertension and atherosclerosis, and indirectly also diabetes can induce heart failure, and hence the simple path to a heart attack.
Make changes to your daily nutrition. Do it for your heart today!
- Avoid excess fat. And not only those “visible” ie butter, lard, cracklings, bacon, margarine, fatty meats with visible pieces of fat, but also fat in its “invisible” form, contained in meat and meat products (sausages, giblets), milk and dairy products and confectionery. Excess fat and cholesterol in the diet will cause atherosclerotic changes in your blood vessels, thereby leading to the development of ischemic heart disease. For cholesterol in the diet read here.
How can this recommendation be implemented?
Give up butter spreading, choose lean meats and lean meats (without visible fat and skin). Reach for meat and turkey, chicken, veal and rabbit products. However, red meat (pork, beef) may appear on your plate up to once a week. Avoid the cheese of yellow, melted and fatty blue cheese. From the group of dairy products reach for lean curd cheese, cottage cheese, milk with a fat content of 1.5-2%, lean natural yoghurts, kefirs and buttermilk. However, do not eat products with zero fat content, they do not provide nutrients, ie protein, calcium or fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K).
Fats beneficial to your body.
Use vegetable oils, seeds and nuts, which are the source of fatty acids that have a positive effect on your body. Of the group of vegetable fats, coconut and palm oils are not recommended. You can provide polyunsaturated fatty acids by eating fish as well. From here you can reach for both lean and greasy fish species.
- Avoid simple sugars. They are a source of empty calories, i.e. they do not enrich your body with any beneficial nutrients, only increase the energy of the diet, and thus the straight way to overweight.
- Salt do not use more than 5 grams a day. If you suffer from hypertension, a diet rich in sodium (derived from salt, but also from preserved and highly processed foods, and fast-food dishes), will contribute to the severity of its symptoms, as well as the development of atherosclerosis, ischemic heart disease, which you will increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Can not you imagine your dishes without a lot of salt?
Use herbal seasonings, basil, thyme, ginger, tarragon, herb de provence, herbal pepper. You will learn more about this in a month from the article on our website.
- Increase the daily portion of fiber in your diet. In large quantities, eat fresh vegetables and fruits (in the winter season reach for frozen food), brown rice, coarse groats, wholegrain bread, muesli, bran, oatmeal and dark pasta. These products are also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- It is worth to include products and dishes from legume seeds in the weekly menu (instead of meat). Especially soy has positive anti-sclerotic properties.
- Eat meals often, but small by volume.
Which method of cooking should you choose
- cooking with steam
- baking foil
Do not forget about physical activity every day, limit the consumption of alcohol, quit smoking, for sure your heart will thank you for that!