Many people think that obesity is only a matter of aesthetic appearance. It often happens that people with excessive body mass have a problem with self-esteem. Unfortunately, this is not just a matter of low self-esteem, it is primarily a health problem that increases the risk of both many diseases and premature death.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Weight reduction – reduce body weight by 10kg
- Overweight and obesity – consequences
1. Weight reduction – reduce body weight by 10kg
By reducing the number of kilos, especially the fat located on the stomach, the risk of many diseases and the number of health problems is reduced.
Weight reduction by about 10kg:
– reduces the risk of death by 20%;
– reduces the risk of death due to complications of diabetes by 30%;
– reduces the risk of cancers with obesity by 40%;
– lowers by 10% total cholesterol, 15% LDL and 30% triglycerides;
– increases the HDL level by 8%;
– reduces or eliminates proteinuria;
– improves the functioning of the respiratory system.
2. Overweight and obesity – consequences
Being overweight and obese may eventually lead to the development of many diseases and even death.
What diseases threaten obese people?
– hypertension, ischemic heart disease, arrhythmias and strokes;
– Type II diabetes, obese people are three times more likely to have it. Over 90% of people with this type of diabetes are obese. Overweight men have 5 times higher risk of death due to diabetes than male with a correct body weight. The situation is even worse for women, because it is even seven times as large;
– obese people are more likely to develop cancer. In case of men, it mainly concerns intestinal cancer and prostate, in women – breast, cervical, endometrial, ovarian and gall bladder cancer;
– obese people are more likely to suffer from degenerative changes in the joints, especially of the lower limbs, and related aches, such as pain, swelling, and limitation of mobility;
– patients with abdominal obesity are particularly exposed to the development of cholelithiasis;
– obese men often contract obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Its typical symptom is very loud snoring, feeling of morning tiredness, drowsiness that is difficult to overcome during the day;
– obese women more often suffer from menstrual disorders and complications during pregnancy;
– excessive body weight increases the risk of developing renal failure;
– obese people often suffer from anxiety and depression.
Looking at the risk associated with an unhealthy lifestyle, it is worth taking care of it for your own health. That’s why you have to change your lifestyle – by using a healthy balanced diet and physical activity and avoiding the accumulation of unnecessary kilograms that can ravage the body.
I think that the biggest gain for health is that the overweight organism is the body that suffers, and optically it is also better to keep leaner weight.