Cabbage diet allows you to lose 4-5 kg in a week. This is a good introduction to further weight loss. The diet is based on introducing a lot of vegetables into the menu, especially cabbage. They are a rich source of vitamins, nutrients and fibre. Here is a recipe for slimming cabbage soup.
Cabbage diet regulates intestinal work, cleans them, it works diuretically and therefore causes a weight loss of up to five kilograms in a few days. However, because this diet is low in protein, calcium and fat-soluble vitamins, it cannot be used for more than a week.
The main dish is cabbage soup, which is dominated by Italian cabbage (easier to digest than white). It can be eaten without restriction, always when we are hungry.
During the diet you also need to drink plenty of still water – at least eight glasses a day. However, alcohol, sweetened carbonated drinks, sweets and sugar, animal fats as well as red meat are all forbidden. Grain products are allowed in small quantities, skimmed milk and poultry, but they appear only after 5 days of treatment. The diet is easy to apply even for those who are busy. We can cook more of the soup, pour it into quarter-liter jars and take with us, e.g. to work – it’s also tasty when cold. When on this diet, you do not feel hungry because the fibre fills the stomach up, giving a feeling of satiety. On the third day, transient headaches and worsening of mood may occur, but then we will feel a surge of energy. If you want to maintain the weight loss effect, you have to limit your daily calorie intake after the diet , preferably up to 1800 calories for women and 2000 calories for men.
Cabbage diet – a seven day menu
- Day one: soup + raw fruit (around 70 dag in a few small portions), excluding cherries, bananas and avocados,
- Day two: soup + vegetables (around 1kg in a few portions), excluding peas, beans, corn and potatoes,
- Day three: soup + fruit (around ½ kg) excluding cherries, bananas and avocados + vegetables (around 70 dag), excluding peas, beans, corn and potatoes,
- Day four: soup + two glasses of skimmed milk + two, three bananas,
- Day five: soup + chicken breast (around 25 dag) cooked or grilled without fat + tomatoes (½ kg),
- Day six: soup + Pollock fillet (around 25 dag), stewed with half a teaspoon of oil + green vegetables (around ½ kg), for example broccoli or lettuce,
- Day seven: soup + vegetables (around ½ kg), excluding peas, beans, corn and potatoes + cooked brown rice (around 1 cup)