We care about the skin look, apply all kinds of treatments, creams, tonics, etc. and we forget about a properly balanced diet that will give the skin a healthy look. By choosing the right ingredients, we can greatly affect the appearance of the skin and even delay the ageing process. Get acquainted with the following article “Diet and a skin condition”!
Diet and a skin condition-how to imrove its appearance?
Do you know that the diet has a remarkable effect on the condition of the skin? So, what should be on the plate? First of all, the diet should be rich in: B vitamins, as well as A, C, E; also omega-3 fatty acids, iron, selenium, sulfur, iodine or folic acid. The mentioned vitamins can be found in the following products:
- Vitamin A – carrots, pepper, parsley, pumpkin, spinach, apricots, lettuce, milk, liver, tuna, egg
- Vitamin C – parsley, pepper, broccoli, currants, raspberries, oranges, cauliflower, strawberries, kiwi, lemon
- Vitamin E – sunflower oil, grape oil, rapeseed oil, olive, muesli with nuts
- B vitamins – wheat bran, buckwheat, brown rice, muesli, pork, sirloin, lentils, peas, beans, rye bread, cheese, liver, cottage cheese, eggs, milk, fish, soy
- Iodine – cod, pollock, mackerel, tuna, salmon, sardine, sole, carp
- Iron – liver, egg yolk, cocoa, soy, parsley, beans, spinach, beetroot
- Selenium – cereal products, eggs, cornflakes, mackerel
- Folic acid – soy, spinach, asparagus, broad beans, broccoli, green peas, orange, tomato juice, bananas, apples, wheat bran, wholemeal bread, chicken liver
- Omega 3 acids – fish, seafood, sushi, rapeseed oil, flax seeds, soybean oil, soy products, nuts, almonds, butter, pumpkin seeds
While planning the right diet, you cannot forget about supplementing it with collagen (the most natural collagen can be found in offal) and elastin.
Diet and a skin condition-natural facial treatments
We present natural facial treatments below:
- an avocado-it will provide the skin with moisture and vitamin E (antioxidant). To prepare an avocado mask, blend the fruit and spread it over your face, leave it for 20 minutes.
- milk – contains alpha-hydroxy acid, which stimulates the production of collagen and removes dead cells.
- aloe vera – contains malic acid, reduces mimic wrinkles
- papaya – is rich in enzymes, soothes wrinkles. To prepare a mask of papaya, peel the fruit and mix thoroughly 2 tablespoons of flesh with a spoonful of oat flour. Apply the mask on the skin and leave for 10 minutes.
Diet and a skin condition-an example of diet for a beautiful skin
We present below the example of a diet for a beautiful skin.
Wheat bran, muesli with yogurt and fruit, e.g. apricots, currants
Carrot juice, parsley
A slice of rye bread with olive oil, mackerel and pepper
Rye pasta with salmon and spinach
a handful of nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
The amount of liquids, including green tea – 2 liters per day
Diet and a skin condition-the summary
When we start ageing, the skin loses moisture and elasticity, it becomes more susceptible to the formation of wrinkles. All dermatological agents that are supposed to prevent wrinkles work in such a way that they paralyze partially the facial muscles, thanks to which mimic wrinkles do not form on the skin. However, it may be worth taking care of the skin condition from the inside and paying closer attention to the ingredients included in our dishes. It will bring much more benefits, not only to the skin, but to our whole body as well as the wallet. In addition to the right diet for the sake of skin, remember to hydrate the body, about the right amount of sleep and the sport that will greatly oxygenate it.