Easily digestive diet is a modification of eating in physiological diet. It has wide application in therapeutics. The diet consists in changing products for those which are easily digestible and changing the process of their preparation to eating.
Application of the diet:
- Inflammations of mucous membrane of stomach and intestines
- Excessive activity of large intestine
- Small intestine cancer
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases
- Infectious diseases with fever
- Acute inflammatory diseases of lungs and pleura (tonsillitis, flu)
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system with emphysema
- Disorders of pulmonary circulation (stroke)
- Recuperation period after surgeries and procedures (stomach and bowel resection)
- Bedridden patients, who suffer from digestive problems
- Among elderly people
- In the ailments of liver and bile duct (gallstone)
- Circulatory tract failure (atherosclerotic changes)
Technological processes used to prepare easily digestible meals:
- The meals are prepared by boiling on water, steaming, in the vessels without water.
- Stewing may also be applied, by frying products without fat on frying pans that are suitable for frying without fat as well as roasting in a transparent foil, parchment, ceramic vessels, grate, in the oven or electric grill.
- Frying and roasting on fat is totally forbidden.
- A product that is soaked with fat is difficult to digest. Allowed fats are oils: sunflower, soya, corn, rapeseed oils, olive oil; butter, cream, soft margarines in cartons.
- Fats are recommended to be added raw to ready-made meals. In the easily digestible diet the meals that find wide application are thoroughly crumbled, aerated by an additive of whipped foam, soaked roll.
Breakfast: bread roll, butter, poultry sausage, lettuce, jam, roasted grain beverage with milk
Lunch: pudding with fruit juice
Dinner: cauliflower soup, perch fillet, potatoes, boiled carrot
Snack: yeast cake, strawberry compote
Supper: lazy dumplings, roll, ham sausage, butter, tea with lemon, banana.