Cooking without eggs does not have to be monotonous or difficult. It turns out that recipes that do not use this product are really tasty! In addition, they will bring some “culinary” novelty to your kitchen. We invite you to real delicacies without eggs!
Omelette with vegetables
It would seem that making an omelette without using eggs is practically impossible, but it can be done! The effect is surprisingly tasty and additionally healthy. The addition of vegetables will not only spice up the taste, but also enrich this dish with vitamins and minerals. When you want to make a purely vegan omelette – skip the cheese or replace it with yeast flakes. Such an omelette is the perfect breakfast or dinner!
Ingredients (2-3 omelets)
– 2 cups of chickpea flour
– 3 tablespoons ground linseed
– 4 tablespoons of yeast flakes (if you can not get the flakes, they can be 4 tablespoons of grated cheese)
– 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
– ¾ teaspoon of black salt (you will get it in health food stores)
– ½ teaspoon of sea salt
– ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
– ½ teaspoon of turmeric
favorite vegetables jarmuż / szpinak / pomidor / pieczarki / por / cebula / papryka / … – in any quantity
How to do:
- Combine all ingredients in one large bowl, they can be sifted through a sieve.
- To make 1 medium omelette, use about ½ cup of the mix and add ½ cup of water to it. (aspect ratio 11). Let stand for about 5 minutes until the mass thickens.
- Fry the favorite vegetables in a hot frying pan, then add the omelet mass to the pan with a little warm oil (you can add a little water to it when it thickens too much).
- When one side of the omelet is already cut, turn it to the other side (the plate is very helpful at the same time). Thoroughly fry the omelette so that it is not raw inside. Serve with your favorite sauce or salad.
Eggs, horseradish, mustard, salt, pepper, chives – cut, mix, season and paste ready. The taste, of course, can not be counterfeited! Or maybe it is possible to replace eggs in an egg paste and get the right taste in some way? Of course! And it is not difficult at all! The specific egg flavor can be obtained thanks to the addition of black salt (Kala Namak). The other ingredients that will take care of color and texture are natural tofu (or cooked chickpeas), turmeric and mustard. The addition of chives definitely fits here). Yummy!
– 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
– 1/2 cup of cooked millet
– 1/2 -3/4 teaspoon of black salt
– 4 tablespoons of oil
– black pepper
– teaspoon of turmeric
– a bunch of chives
– a few tablespoons of water (depending on the consistency)
How to do:
- Put the chickpeas and millet groats in the blender jar. Start mixing and add oil.
- Mix everything again to paste. If it is too thick – add a little water. Season with black salt, curcuma and freshly ground pepper.
- Chop the chives finely and add to the mass. Mix the whole well. Serve with your favorite bread and vegetable toppings.