An easily digestible diet is not a restrictive diet. Contrary to popular belief, it is a nutritional system that ensures perfect body preparation for the challenges of everyday life, as well as for training. What products can be used when being on an easily digestible diet?
An easily digestible diet is primaly recommended to people:
- with diseases of the digestive system,
- generally weakened,
- after surgeries.
Active and exercising people are also eager to use it. These people count on light meals because of:
- eliminating the feeling of unpleasant weight.
The menu of the easily digestible diet allows you to fully meet the needs of the body and often provides a richer source of nutrients than in case of uncontrolled arrangement of the menu.
The rules and effects of an easily digestible diet
Contrary to common opinion, products in the easily digestible diet are to satisfy all caloric demand. In addition, the menu should be arranged in a way it contains all the necessary macro and microelements. The easily digestible cuisine is based on the assumptions i.e.
- elimination of fried and fatty dishes;
- exclusion of alcohol, fast food, strong coffee, carbonated beverages;
- preparing steamed meals, during fat-free baking and stewing;
- elimination of excessive amounts of roughage from the diet;
- eating small portions at regular intervals;
- limiting the amount of hot spices;
- reduction of vegetables causing bloating and increasing easily digestible vegetables;
- drinking mineral water, herbal infusions and teas.
It should be emphasized that easily digestible meals are not intended to create a restrictive diet. Thanks to this, the diet can be used as long as we want. A reliably arranged menu will relieve your stomach and you will feel much better.
The advantages of an easily digestible diet
What does an easily digestible diet give? Introducing it to your menu guarantees:
- feeling of lightness,
- improving well-being,
- relieving the liver and pancreas,
- efficient functioning of the digestive system,
- help in achieving a flat belly,
- detoxification of the body,
- improving the condition of hair, skin and nails,
- help in slimming.
You can already feel the effects of changes in your nutrition by eating easily digestible dinners or easily digestible suppers. You do not have to immediately decide to introduce an easily digestible menu for the whole week. Nutritional changes should be carried out gradually and you will observe an even improvement in health.
Recommended products in the easily digestible diet
If you wonder what to eat on the easily digestible diet, you will find the answer below. Recipes for easily digestible meals will contain products from various groups.
Easy to digest vegetables:
- tomatoes without skin,
- pumpkin (squash),
- zuchini (courgette),
- Iceberg lettuce,
Easy to digest fruit:
- boiled and baked apples,
- ripe bananas,
- ripe apricots (Armenian plums) and peaches,
- grapes without seeds,
- blackberries (brambles),
An excellent easily digestible salad can be created from the ingredients above. You can use cold olive oil, grape oil and rapeseed oil to make it. When creating sauces, try to avoid full-fat cream and mayonnaise. You will also successfully prepare easily digestible soups, which you can thicken with natural yogurt with a little bit of flour. These include:
- vegetable soup,
- barley soup on lean meat,
- a lean broth or a vegetable decoction,
- milk soups.
In turn, the proposed easy to digest dishes for dinner are:
- steamed potatoes with stewed fish e.g. cod, carp, flounder;
- stew with turkey or rabbit;
- dishes with chicken;
- cottage cheese noodles with a moderate amount of cottage cheese;
- dishes based on rice, pasta, barley and millet groats.
If you want to prepare an easily digestible breakfast, use the dairy, meat and bread listed below:
- thin and semi-fat cottage cheese,
- soft-boiled eggs,
- steamed omelette,
- lean roast,
- lean ham without overgrowth,
- mixed bread well baked.
Recipes for easy-to-digest meals will include a diverse number of products. You can eat the ones listed above without any restrictions. The remaining products can be a little bit limited, but their moderate consumption will not carry a burden on the digestive system.
Easily digestible diet-What to eat?
Recipes of an easily digestible diet are becoming more and more popular, which is why you can find a whole lot of them on the internet. In addition, it is worth creating them by combining your favorite flavours – after all, you already know the basic assumptions of the nutrition system. If you are a busy person, a reasonable solution will be a menu for 7 days of an easily digestible diet that will help you do shopping and prepare each dish. Remember that easily digestible products:
- come from natural sources,
- are unprocessed,
- provide everything that is the best.
An easily digestible diet will provide you with a good preparation for training, during which you will not have to worry about stomach problems.